promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
person asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 9 years ago

whats an example of insecurity in history?

I have to relate the fact that Elizabeth Proctor from the crucible feels insecure about her marriage to something else in history...anything

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

So we can cite fiction?

One example is Moses from the Bible (is regarded as fiction or non-fiction depending on faith). He lead the Israelites out of Egypt, but had his brother, Aaron, do the speaking for him because he was insecure about public speaking. Some believe he spoke with a stutter which prompted an insecurity.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

No, they weren't right. I think the whole idea of racial purity is garbage. If people weren't meant to be able to (not the same as HAD TO), mix, then it wouldn't be possible. But since people can (and do) mix races, obviously we were meant to should it come. But we are all the same race, human, just different cultures and variations of skin colors. White people should have accepted their biracial counterparts because whether they look it or not, they are as white as they are black, even if its not on the outside. Thats why today white people complain about Obama and other mulattos identifying as black, well it all comes down to history and the ugly thing called racism. If only those same people way back then could see how they not only hurt other races but their own future generations as well I doubt they'd make the same choices. You are right, the white race isn't unified because they are run by a set of rich elitists that only look out for themselves, and white American culture has no unified culture. As soon as Europeans come to America they lose their heritage and their culture. Most white Americans don't even know where their grandparents or great-grandparents came from let alone even try to research their European roots and cultures. Instead they chase after the media-driven American culture which glorifies money and separation, all the while bowing down at the feet and idolizing the elitists that look down on them as much as they look down on poor Anglos, non-white and non-Anglo white people. All I can say was the whole institution of slavery created a big mess that America is still barely cleaning up today and hurt more people than intended. And the root? Not racism (initially), but profiteering and money. Goes to show you right? And yes what you wrote has validity and was an interesting viewpoint.

• Luke
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Plenty of rulers have been insecure over the course of history, Take Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China, for example. He was insecure to the point of exiling his mother and first born son. He was so insecure, that he made thousands of clay soldiers, because he thought that when he got to the after life, everyone would hate him. Granted, they probably would have, considering many thousands of people died to build his tombs and such.

It's kind of funny, really. His insecurity led to people hating him and wanting him dead.

I hope this helps.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

How about the famous Jane Eyre feeling insecure about her low position in society so that she never would have told mr rochester her feelings for him even though she knew he liked her for so long

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.