Size difference between two African Clawed Frogs?

I have a two African Clawed Frogs. Severus is about half an inch longer than Albus and somewhat fatter. They are both still juveniles and under 2 inches. I read that African Clawed Frogs should only be kept with other ACFs of the same relative size. Do you think that they are close enough to live together?

I also have a mystery snail. He is pretty big, bigger than Severus, and has a strong, thick shell. Will they bother him when they get older? I can move him in with my betta fish if I have to, but I'd rather have him with the frogs if I can do that. The frogs are very messy and I'm not sure how I would keep that tank clean without the snail's help.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

if it fits in a mouth it is on the menu. If the smaller one doesn't fit in the mouth of the bigger one he/she should be safe from being eaten.

• 3 years ago

they're from 2 diverse genera. "African clawed frog" many times refers to Xenopus laevis, additionally conventional because of the fact the platanna. "Dwarf frog" is many times Hymenochirus curtipes, this is a lot smaller.

• 8 years ago

well they eat anything around them.....even live fish.but once he is not big enough to fit in his mouth and you have a big tank do not worry.......and the snail will be fine

Source(s): fish owner
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.