?
? asked in PetsOther - Pets · 8 years ago

What are the requirements in order to become an ARBA registrar and judge?

I would like to become an ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders Association) registrar in a few years. My ultimate goal is to become an ARBA judge. What would I need to do in order to become an ARBA registrar and judge? What are the requirements, and about how long does it take to become a registrar/judge?

A little bit of background info on me: I am 15 years old, and I have been involved with rabbits for a long time. This is my third year in the 4-H rabbit project, and I lead the rabbit group in my 4-H club. (Meaning that I am responsible for teaching the 4-H members of my club who are enrolled in the rabbit project all they need to know about caring for, showing, breeding, and identifying rabbits, among other things including rabbit showmanship, in which I am the grand champion. I help to coordinate rabbit shows, jackpots, and showmanship competitions in my area. I hold mini “classes” on showmanship and rabbit breeding genetics every spring for rabbit 4-H members in my county. [I find genetics, especially rabbit genetics, to be quite fascinating.] I know just about everything there is to know about rabbits. Basically, I’m the rabbit expert of my 4-H club; I know more about rabbits than all of the 4-H leaders combined do!)

I am currently in the process of joining the ARBA, PASRBA (Pennsylvania State Rabbit Breeders Association), and possibly the National Rex Rabbit Club and my local Rex club as a youth member. I plan to become a breeder of Rex rabbits (Varieties such as Black, Black Otter, Chocolate, Lilac, Red, Amber, Blue and Broken.) and Lilac rabbits (I mean the rare Lilac rabbit breed, not just the Lilac variety of Rex rabbits.) I currently raise Rex, Californian, and Lionhead rabbits. Rabbits are my life!

Anyway, my question is: What would it take for me to become an ARBA registrar and an ARBA judge? What are the age, experience, and membership requirements? I’m fairly sure that you need to be an active member of the ARBA, but is it necessary to join your local and state rabbit clubs, too? How difficult would you say it is to become a registrar and/or a judge? Also, if you become a registrar and/or a judge in one state, can you take that to another state or not? (For instance, if I became an ARBA judge in Pennsylvania, if I were to move to say Indiana, would I be able to be a judge in Indiana, or just Pennsylvania? This is important.)

I’m sorry for the long post; if you read this post thus far, then major props go to you! Thank you soooooo much for any helpful info, personal experience, and/or web links that you can give me!

Favorite Answer

I believe you have to be a member of ARBA for three years before becoming a registrar or judge.

Most of the answers to your questions should be on ARBA's website. www.arba.net

• gladon

There isn't any logical purpose for now not generating a legitimate beginning certificates instead of the truth one does not exist or if it does exist it suggests Mr. Obama's mom used to be a minor on the time of his beginning because of this he isn't a traditional born citizen.