Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 9 years ago

Facts about Kate Bush?

I'm fifteen

and I find Kate Bush's music! WONDERFUL! meaningful and talented, Though I know very little about her and would love to know more about her! Particulary in her music! From which was her first hit? and what music was produced in whcih year? THANKS =)

Favorite Answer

I'm fifteen and I love Kate bush too.

Her first hit was Wuthering Heights in 1978 from her first album, The Kick Inside. It is the most successful song of her career. It tells us about Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff from the book Wuthering Heights.

She has drawn ideas from books by turning Molly Bloom's soliloquy in Ulysses into a song called The Sensual World.

Albums:

The Kick Inside (1978)

Lionheart (1978)

Never for Ever (1980)

The Dreaming (1982)

Hounds of Love (1985)

The Sensual World (1989)

The Red Shoes (1993)

Aerial (2005)

Director's Cut (2011)

50 Words for Snow (2011)

She took time off after The Red Shoes to focus on her family and I think she beat herself up too much over her short film which featured herself, Lindsay Kemp and Miranda Richardson. The movie was essentially The Red Shoes album made into a film.

All of her albums are available on the British iTunes but I'm not sure about international ones.

Like the soul singer, Adele, Kate rarely does interviews or tours. Kate Bush is generally thought to be an example of progressive rock and art rock. She is arguably the best singer of the last century, definitely underrated.