Can someone please answer these multiple choice questions?
A. Nothing; DEF automatically has constitutional rights to do business in Oklahoma.
B. DEF must incorporate in Oklahoma.
C. DEF must qualify (register) to do business in Oklahoma.
D. DEF must domicile itself in Oklahoma.
22) What types of business can be converted to an LLC?
A. General partnerships only
B. General partnerships and limited partnerships only
C. Corporations and limited partnerships only
D. Corporations, general partnerships, and limited partnerships
23) Which of the following best describes the status of the employment at-will doctrine in the United States today?
A. It applies in most states to most employment relationships, but there are many exceptions that limit its application.
B. It applies more today than in the last century, and the quantity of corporate layoffs is evidence of this.
C. It today applies only to the employer, although in the past it applied to both the employee and employer.
D. It still applies today, but only to employees who are expressly told that they are an at-will employee when they are hired.
24) Which of the following rejected applicants may have a valid claim for discriminatory hiring practices?
A. A public health service did not hire a registered nurse because his shaking hands prevented him from administering injections.
B. A Catholic school did not hire a teacher because he was not Catholic.
C. A trucking company did not hire a truck driver because she was pregnant.
D. A university did not hire a 22-year-old woman to be a director of faculty because she was too young.
25) Which of the following people is protected from employment discrimination on the basis of age?
A. A 90-year-old person who wants a job as an airline pilot
B. A 50-year-old person who wants a job as an accountant
C. A 30-year-old person who wants a job as a waitress
D. A 10-year-old person who wants a job as a bartender
26) Marie works as a receptionist for a plumbing company. She works from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. She earns $12 per hour, and is told how to do her job and what she should be working on at any particular time. Her boss does not withhold any taxes from her paycheck. Which of the following is true?
A. Marie would be treated as an employee because she is paid for the work that she does.
B. Marie would be treated as an employee because of the control exercised by the plumbing company over her work.
C. Marie would be treated as an independent contractor because she is paid hourly.
D. Marie would be treated as an independent contractor because the employer doesn’t take any taxes out of her check.
27) Company employee handbooks have been found in some cases to amount to a(n) ______________ exception to the employment at will doctrine.
C. public policy
D. implied contract
28) Which of the following is a correct statement of the requirements for a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ)?
A. The occupational qualification is job-related and cost-effective.
B. The occupational qualification is job-related and nondiscriminatory.
C. The occupational qualification is job-related and is a business necessity.
D. The occupational qualification is rationally based and evenly applied.
29) What federal legal protection is there with respect to trade secrets?
A. Trade secrets are protected under the federal patent laws.
B. Trade secrets are protected under the federal copyright laws.
C. Trade secrets are protected under the Trade Secret Protection Act of 1952.
D. Trade secrets are protected under the Economic Espionage Act of 1996.
30) Which of the following is true about misappropriation of trade secrets?
A. Although it is not necessary that the trade secret be patented, the secret must be such that it could be patented.
B. Trade secrets are always protected regardless of the actions of the trade secret owner.
C. The plaintiff can recover damages from theft of a trade secret only if the defendant acquired the trade secret through unlawful means.
D. Injunctions are generally not available to protect trade secrets.