Can acute liver failure be cured?

I know somebody who out of nowhere went to the hospital because of liver failure. She spent a whole week in the hospital. What surprises me is that if you would look at her she looks like a very healthy person. I mean she is beautiful, fit, young ( she is 28) and has great skin and everything. When people have... show more I know somebody who out of nowhere went to the hospital because of liver failure. She spent a whole week in the hospital. What surprises me is that if you would look at her she looks like a very healthy person. I mean she is beautiful, fit, young ( she is 28) and has great skin and everything. When people have liver problems they tend to have like a yellow tone in their skin for what i have seen in people with cirrhosis or hepatitis. I think she even mention me that she will not be able to have kids any more. And there are certain medications that she would never be able to take any more in her life time. So is this curable? and why would somebody developed this so fast? I mean she got sick in a matter of days. could it be because of alcohol consumption too? I think she drinks.
9 answers 9