What would be the saddest story about a child's parents dying?

I'm planning on writing a story about a girl whose parents died and years later she meets 4 boys at her new school, apparently one of them had something to do with it. So i'm hoping I can have some ideas I can use in my story. I promise I'll answer your question if you leave a link in your answer.

Favorite Answer

Well, this might not be sad, but could be touching...

The girl actually falls in love with one of them that was involved in some sketchy business with drugs that his dad started. The guys dad knew the girls dad and invited him to a party. He brought the girls mother as well. They were all having fun, until the son came home and brought a few sketchy people with him. They kind of didn't like the dad of the girl and wanted to have a chat with him.

They get into an argument and the dad gets stabbed, while the mother runs out and is shot. I know this might be a bit gruesome, but hey, it's an idea! :D

• Joanne

I'll be honest and say that I only clicked on your question because your profile picture is just too much.

Anyway, ideas you can use in your story.... well, you're going to make those up yourself. If you don't, then it's simple cheating and plagiarizing and it just won't be your own story. It won' flow with how you want it to. We have no idea what your characters want, what their motives are, what their personality is like, etc. They're the main force behind your story and you are their creator. They'll lead you through your own story and you'll come up with ideas on your own.

*drools over picture*

Maybe one of the boys started a fire, with the girls' parents in it.

Or maybe (I'm not sure how old the kids are) one of the boys was driving and got into a car accident with the parents

Or he went on a shooting rampage

any possibilities will technically work.

The parents sacrifice their own lives to save their children's.

I think maybe:

murder.

fire (like in a house or train) That would be a good one.

car accident

building collapse