Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

Can you deep fry frozen cod fish fillets?

Favorite Answer

You sure can! Here's how :

How To Deep Fry Frozen Foods

Pour cooking oil into your skillet or deep-fryer. Fill the skillet to about 3 inches deep and follow the manufacturer's guide for how much oil to use in your deep-fryer.

Heat the cooking oil to 350 or 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Your deep-fryer may have a temperature setting, but if it doesn't or you are using a skillet, a cooking thermometer can help you determine if the oil is hot enough.

Shake any excess ice from the frozen food. Alternatively, lay the food out on a paper towel and blot to get rid of ice.

Place the frozen food into the hot oil. The oil may bubble and pop out of the fryer, so use caution. Additionally, fry only moderate amounts of frozen food at a time. Too much cold can lower the temperature of the oil and foods won't cook properly.

Allow the food to deep-fry until thoroughly cooked. Usually the product manufacturer will provide cooking times for deep-frying on the package, but generally 2 to 3 minutes is sufficient for chicken nuggets, 4 to 5 minutes for fish sticks and 6 to 8 minutes for french fries.

Remove the cooked food from the oil to a plate covered with paper towels to absorb any excess oil and serve.

Frozen Cod

Yes! When you put in the fryer be careful though. Frozen foods can make grease splatter more then thawed food would. I'm not sure why. All I remember is it had something to do with icy quality of frozen. the splatter is most likely to happen with frozen meats then veggies. No I don't know why that is. The only thing I can figure is the pieces of meat are bigger then the piece of veggies. Therefore more icye in one space.

Make Over 200 Juicy, Mouth-Watering Paleo Recipes You've NEVER Seen or Tasted Before?

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avXhT

Yes, I do it everyday at work in a restuarant. It actually cooks better when frozen as it does'nt soak up as much of the cooking oil. When it floats it is usually done or peirce it and turn over and cook a few minutes longer.

Frozen Cod Fish

Yup we do at my work all the time. You know it's done when it floats. We cook ours for five minutes but yours may be different depending on the size

yes but they will spatter quite a bit hold them down with a set of tongs and suck up the pain of the hot oil hitting your skin

Source(s): worked in kitchens for nearly 20 years

I would recommend that you thaw them out first because they will burn, and they wont taste good.