What are the most important thing to look for when searching for a web hosting site?

What are the most important thing to look for when searching for a web hosting site?

I am currently looking into setting up a website. There are various website providers that I am looking into. What's important? GoogleWords? SEO? ROI analysis? What is a good website host?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

For your first website any cheap shared hosting would do.

A lot more important is to build your website, add some great content and attract a lot of visitors.

Google Adwords and Facebook ads can help (and you get some free ad credits from a lot of web hosts, which you can use to promote your website) with that but you have to use a lot of other ways to promote your website.

For hosting I recommend one of these: http://www.webhostinglist.org

iPage is currently on sale for just $3.50/month!

The full price for one year of hosting is $42/year.

Their hosting plan includes:

- Free domain name (.com, .net, .org)

- Unlimited storage and bandwidth

- Unlimited email addresses per domain name

- One Click installs of Wordpress, Forums, Galleries, Shopping carts

- Free ad credits for Google, Yahoo! and Facebook

• Jake
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Basic hosting accounts serve for the most part of making your data accessible on the internet, hosts have little direct connection to GoogleWords? SEO? ROI analysis.

The up time spec, hopefully near 99.9% of the time is a good gauge of their overall reliability, if they are telling the truth. Most basic shared hosting accounts $5/mo or more offer unlimited space/bandwidth and sites. Searching for opinions on forums might be more meaningful that host comparison sites, which most of the time receive a commission for delivering customers, coincidentally some of the most popular hosts offer the largest commissions.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Check out http://www.thehosthunter.com

It's a free site showing all the major Web Hosting Companies.

It allows you to simultaneously compare Hosting options by price,

bandwidth, disk space, databases, programming, eMail features,

shopping cart features, etc.

Lv 7
    8 years ago

Uptime, support is important. Going with a big hosting is important: what you don't want to do is go with a reseller, because you'll basically get ripped off, and the majority of resellers don't have a clue.

You also want to make sure you get all the bells and whistles - even if you don't need them. If a host doesn't offer you mysql and multiple email addresses, look elsewhere. Take a look at hostgator.com and see what they offer - even for the smallest plan. You get it all. That's what you want.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Personally speaking, these features are important:

Fast page loading speed

Stablity

Unlimited hosting space&file transfer

Good script features

Good technical support&service

There are many host available on the net, among them, I recommend Hostgator, it's a top host with good reputation.

Use coupon GOODLUCK25 can save 25% any plan any term.

Goodluck with your site.

Source(s): www.hostgator.com
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Google adwords I think. They are the most relevant for me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.