Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 9 years ago

How do I make a bot like the Clever Bot?

I've done some research into making chat bots. Everything I've seen so far has been like customizing the chat bot. I don't want to customize but I want to make a chat bot that can learn from what people say, like the clever bot. Is there any way to do this?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Clever bot works by people constantly feeding it information, if your going to make a bot - it will need a response. Clever bot is ran by a company, not one programmer, within its context - it will respond to your question as adequate as it can to fulfill your question. It's a database filled with tens of millions of questions which is being constantly fed.

I can't tell you how to customize or make a chat bot but I wish this has helped you understand the concepts behind a chat bot.

Good luck.

I know I'm years late, but Clever Bot is a bunch of If, Then, Else statements. I am making a Terminal and have made a Chat Messenger (Over LAN) and it has worked perfectly fine, just by using:

If TextBox1.Text = "help" Then'

RichTextBox1.Text = "Please input a command"

Else

.

That easy. Use what you will with that code, but that was done in Visual Studio.

I would of thought Clever Bot is more or less a bunch of If, Then, Else statements but that's coming from a person who has a Python background.

What language were you hoping to be in?