Steve
Lv 4
Steve asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 8 years ago

Do you like Norton yes or no? And why?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Yes.

Peter Norton was one of the early virus researchers and computer engineers to go public - allowing the average 'joe' to use , understand, and repair your own computers.

Norton was acquired by Symantec.. and over time they added some great extra tools and options.

for about 10 years, they just kept adding more and more stuff and making the software slow.

About 5 years ago, they turned that around and streamlined it again. Now it performs as fast as 90% or more of other AV programs.. and has lots of security options that aren't too complex to use.

Detection rates have always been excellent; they provide one of the most comprehensive virus libraries online; free repair tools; and open sharing.

Like other corporations, they sometimes do lose sight of other goals by putting profit first, but that is Capitalism.

In various contexts.. I use Symantec/Norton; Sophos, Clam, and Microsoft AV products.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Source(s): Perfect Antivirus Protection Suite - http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?jSwq
  • ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

NO, it is a resoure hog and is not compatible with many other programs. A relative owns a computer repair business and a lot of him repairs in fixing what Norton screwed up.

• 8 years ago

Norton:

Pros -

1. Better security.

2. Better features compared to other AVs.

Cons -

1. High disk space and resource usage.

2. Not free (hence not affordable for me).

Buy it if you are a noob and can afford it.

Source(s): Experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Yes.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

All anti viruses that require me to rebuy the license every year is a piece of garbage to me.

• 8 years ago

I dont care for it because of all the notifications but I think it is a good product .

• 8 years ago

i used to have norton in my computer and it wrecked it. so go with macafee

• 8 years ago

No big fat fake

it lets things slip and then cant remove them

• 8 years ago

No, its not secure enough in my opinion, try comodo internet security. Go to comodo.com.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.