Steve
Steve asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 8 years ago

Do you like Norton yes or no? And why?

• Favorite Answer

Yes.

Peter Norton was one of the early virus researchers and computer engineers to go public - allowing the average 'joe' to use , understand, and repair your own computers.

Norton was acquired by Symantec.. and over time they added some great extra tools and options.

for about 10 years, they just kept adding more and more stuff and making the software slow.

About 5 years ago, they turned that around and streamlined it again. Now it performs as fast as 90% or more of other AV programs.. and has lots of security options that aren't too complex to use.

Detection rates have always been excellent; they provide one of the most comprehensive virus libraries online; free repair tools; and open sharing.

Like other corporations, they sometimes do lose sight of other goals by putting profit first, but that is Capitalism.

In various contexts.. I use Symantec/Norton; Sophos, Clam, and Microsoft AV products.

2

Source(s): Perfect Antivirus Protection Suite - http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?jSwq
  • ?

NO, it is a resoure hog and is not compatible with many other programs. A relative owns a computer repair business and a lot of him repairs in fixing what Norton screwed up.

Norton:

Pros -

1. Better security.

2. Better features compared to other AVs.

Cons -

1. High disk space and resource usage.

2. Not free (hence not affordable for me).

Buy it if you are a noob and can afford it.

Source(s): Experience

Yes.

All anti viruses that require me to rebuy the license every year is a piece of garbage to me.

I dont care for it because of all the notifications but I think it is a good product .

i used to have norton in my computer and it wrecked it. so go with macafee

No big fat fake

it lets things slip and then cant remove them

No, its not secure enough in my opinion, try comodo internet security. Go to comodo.com.