Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastEgypt · 8 years ago

Is Egypt a good place to live?

Is the standard of living high for like food, telephones, electricity bills, housing etc.

Is it a good place to live?

Many thanks

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

I am Egyptian, living in Alexandria, Egypt, and have good acquaintance with Cairo.

The living standard depends on what country do you come from. If you come from Europe or North America, I think the living standard would be perfectly fine. But if from most countries of Africa and Asia, I am not sure. It also depends if you come for tourism or to live for a while.. If you have a well paid job, even if you come from a poor country then you can handle well.

But it is not a good place to live, specially Cairo. The traffic and pollution there are intolerable. They are somehow alright in Alexandria. garbage is a problem. Some people tend to harass women if they walk on their own on the streets (sometimes).

BUT there is LOVELY sightseeing allover the country, and natural places to go by the sea or in the desert, or in the countryside if you have friends there. Rich in history , nature, and good hangouts.. but not so many clubbing experiences.

• Max
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

i find prices in egypt quite cheap ( i live in europe so..), but for the common egyptian it is expensive, it is a great place to live if you have some money.

• Passio
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

The prices are very cheap compared to other countries.

Yes it is an amazing place to live in.

• Kemo
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

well, it quick, fast and fun, adventures

but only if uvegot money and live in new cairo or sharm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

even if u have money, the quality of life in general and the atmosphere aren't pleasant

• 8 years ago

Only if you have a lot of money

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

yes it's very nice place

• 8 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.