What does it mean when a guy(s) does not show off his girl friend/wife?

There is this guy I know of who claims he is married. Yet, you never really see him with his wife/woman. Or even talking about his woman. He talks about his kids all the time.

This guy says he's married nothing else. Also it is rare seeing him wearing his wedding ring. Most of the time he does not wear it.

It makes me think this guy really isn't married. Or this guy is ashamed of his woman.

Plus this guy has a high profile job, too. And since he has a high profile job. My guess is he's saying he's married with kids. Just to attract other

women.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There could be several reasons for this. his wife may be seeing someone else, and he is ashamed. or he is an oportunist, as u saying, trying to attract women just for fun. ie no commitment.

marriages can be so complicated, so he is probably hiding loads of stuff.

• 9 years ago

What? I don't know what you mean by "show off" his wife? My husband & I do a lot of things together, but a lot of things separately too. I worked at a place for 5 yrs in a high profile position & no one met him. I had along commute & a family & it made no sense to have him drive to meet up with me & clients, etc. I have no clue why you don't know this man's wife, but I would never make assumptions about anything since many times assumptions are just totally wrong, since you can only see the world through your own eyes. You can't possibly know the reasons someone else might do things the way they do. A better question is, why does it matter to you what his marital status is or why you haven't met his wife? What is attractive to women about a married man? that is another one you totally lost me on. Who are these women that actually want a married man who can't commit to them & has to keep them as a shameful secret on the side? I can't see the appeal in that.

• plush
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Eventhough he has a high profile job, doesn't mean he has to with his private life my dear. Some people are so sick and hectic of their own high profile career thus they prefer to keep their personal live low. Whether or not he is ashamed of his woman, no one knows and hell i do not wanna know either coz that is his problem. If he chose not to tell its appropriate that you respect him.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It only means that he loves his space and privacy and would love it if people respected that too. If he wishes to be open about it he certainly will. Relax! Give the guy a break!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Sounds like he likes his privacy.

• 9 years ago

He might not be happily married.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.