What does it mean when a guy(s) does not show off his girl friend/wife?

There is this guy I know of who claims he is married. Yet, you never really see him with his wife/woman. Or even talking about his woman. He talks about his kids all the time. This guy says he's married nothing else. Also it is rare seeing him wearing his wedding ring. Most of the time he does not wear it.... show more There is this guy I know of who claims he is married. Yet, you never really see him with his wife/woman. Or even talking about his woman. He talks about his kids all the time.
This guy says he's married nothing else. Also it is rare seeing him wearing his wedding ring. Most of the time he does not wear it.

It makes me think this guy really isn't married. Or this guy is ashamed of his woman.

Plus this guy has a high profile job, too. And since he has a high profile job. My guess is he's saying he's married with kids. Just to attract other
women.