Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 10 years ago

Small, beach-side, towns in the Northeastern area of the United States?

I am considering moving to the Northeast of the US and I would like to know if any of you know a good, SMALL, beach-side town... So far, I have come across Ellsworth, Maine and I like it very much but, I would like some more input. THANKS :)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Truro Massachusetts

Westport, Massachusetts

Narragansett, Rhode Island

Bristol, Rhode Island

WellFleet, MA

All have great beaches and none have large populations

Source(s): ..
  • 10 years ago

hmmm I wouldn't consider Ellsworth a beach town? The coast of Maine becomes predominately rugged and rocky after you get further down east from Casco Bay (Portland).

For Maine - Old Orchard Beach, Kennebunkport, Ogunquit, Wells and York are what I would consider beach towns. There are other smaller beach "communities", but those aren't towns in my opinion - Biddeford Pool for example.

New Hampshire - Hampton Beach, Seabrook. There are town beaches in places like Rye and N. Hampton, but no services at the beach, such as restaurants, bars etc...

Massachusetts- Newburyport, Ipswich, Rockport, Glochester..........to Cape Cod - every town on the Cape. All of Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard.

Rhode Island -Narragansett, all towns along Block Island Sound from South Kingston to Westerly.

NY - all of the coastal communities on Long Island

New Jersey - the infamous Jersey Shore all seaside towns from Long Beach to Cape May.

• rpf5
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Bar Harbor, Maine is nice & worth a visit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.