S.B. asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Looking for the title of an old 70s/80s sci-fi movie?

This movie (possibly a TV show or made for TV movie) actually had some pretty scary imagery in it for TV. Trying like crazy to find it, but google searches turn up nothing. Here are some of the things I remember from it:

-There was a guy in it, caucasian and crazy/evil, with some kind of laser/futuristic gun arm on his right arm.

-There was a point in the movie where he was hitching a ride with someone and --with his futuristic gun arm -- casually blew up a sign that said 'Star Wars' (advertisement for the original 1977 movie) while they were driving along the road.

-Putting some sort of amulet around his neck made him go evil/crazy.

This is really all I have in my memory. If anyone can remember this movie title, that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Laserblast (1978)

starring Kim Milford, Cheryl Smith, Keenan Wynn, Roddy McDowell, Eddie Deezen

IMDb synopsis:

Alien creatures kill a mutated being in the California desert. Its remains and the high-tech laser gun and power source accidentally left behind are found by an ostracized teenager. However, the power source causes the teenager to mutate, too, and he goes on a murderous rampage.

EDIT: Here's Part 1 on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDYJOVzs-Ew

Youtube thumbnail