promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

Why do people post pictures of their self harm on facebook?

It just seems like a stupid way of getting attention. Same thing with whining about how you want to kill yourself on facebook. I mean, messaging someone because you need help is one thing, posting a status about killing yourself is another.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Honestly i can not say what i think of them.

But it's a offensive and horrible way for attention that lucky i have not encountered.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anyone think that those people posting pics etc of self harm are really crying out for HELP????

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I completely agree. It's one thing to cut yourself, but when you post a picture of it on Facebook you really are just asking for attention. If they want attention so bad, why not show their parents. Any good parent would never ignore that.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Seems like these people need some serious help. People who self harm don't usually like to post picture or even brag about how much they hate life. Usually self harmers are very secretive.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

The first time I self harmed I showed people. Because, in hindsight, I probably really wanted someone to help me. Don't be hard on people who are public about their self harming, be a friend.

Source(s): Life.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

because some people are stupid and ignorant and do things for attention at the expense of real sufferers of self-harm and mental illness. they have no respect for the issues they try to imitate.

alternatiely, munchauser's syndrome.

or a cry for help.

but i think the first one s more likely.

• 9 years ago

well, i like to post pictures of my cuts/burns on tumblr because i like the way they look. i think that they're fascinating. i don't do it for attention, i honestly don't think that it's that big of a deal. its a lot like taking a picture of your tattoo, it's pretty much the same concept. but i completely agree about the suicide thing.

Source(s): myself
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

They're attention whores.

• 9 years ago

you have weird friends

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.