Are vampires real? Or such thing as vampirism ?
I saw this thing on tv real quickly that some guy said he was related to the real Dracula. I know they if they were they obviously don't look how hollywood makes them with the pale pale faces and sharp teeth or even in some cases sparkly... I know this seems like a stupid question but I'm just curious of the whole vampire thing and I heard a connection to Romania. :)
- 8 years agoBest Answer
1. Vampires, defined as a humanoid that MUST consume blood or energy to survive do not exist. Cut and paste time, as it is too much work to type this out over and over and I “recycle” my own answers instead of retyping them.
2. The human body is not designed to process blood for nutrition. There is not enough protein, carbohydrates, and fats present in blood to maintain a complex creature such as Homo Sapiens or any theorized offshoot mutations. When a human ingests food it is broken up into a bolus by chewing, then churned up in the stomach with digestive juices to form a mass called chyme. It then passes through the pylorus into the duodenum, part of the small intestine where it mixes with bile salts and secretions from the pancreas and liver which continue breaking it down on a molecular basis. The broken down nutrients pass through the wall of the intestines and into the bloodstream where they are carried to each cell or stored for later use. Indigestible bulk continues through the intestines, turning a dark brown from the bile.
3. A person physically unable to process his own food for nutrition therefore also could not process blood – it’s the same process. Ingested blood does not transmit directly to the veins anyway – it would be chemically broken down by the digestive system.
4. Theoretical ingestion of blood to supply these nutrients would therefore have to occur at least once a day, and would require the ingestion of the entire blood supply which could not happen as the stomach is far too small to hold that much liquid volume. Hold up your clenched fist – under normal conditions your stomach is about that size. Furthermore, such a mass would be difficult to pass thru the intestines as it has no fibrous bulk, would create an intestinal impaction, causing massive vomiting from the large concentration of iron present, and any “real” vampire would have to eventually expel the waste, which would come out as a black, tarry, smelly goo, just as stool does when blood is present from a upper GI bleed.
5. Even if a vampire feeds once a week, and his victim also becomes a vampire, that is exponential growth, with 4 iterations a month. 1st iteration: 1 makes 1, total 2. 2nd iteration: 2 make 2, total 4. 3rd iteration: 4 make 4, total 8. 4th iteration: 8 make 8, total 16. 16 vampires at the end of 1 month, 256 at the end of the 2nd month, 4096 by the end of the 3rd month, 65,536 by the end of the 4th month, 1,048,476 at the end of the 5th, and 33,572,832 vampires at the end of half a year! Do the math – vampires are a mathematical impossibility.
6.The humans who profess to be vampires are victims of an all-encompassing self induced delusion. They are as human as you or I, regardless of their claims. Note that there is absolutely no scientific or medical proof that these people derive any benefit at all from the ingestion of blood, and even worse are the so-called “psychic” vampires, because their delusion is one that they cannot substantiate with any concrete evidence at all.
7. There is no “vampire” gene. People are not “born” as vampires. When a woman goes to the hospital for prenatal care there are many tests done on mother and child, even while still in the womb, to check for many things, including genetic anomalies that result in deformities and birth defects. If such a gene existed, in today’s world with today’s technology it would have been found – we have already completely sequenced the human genome. It would also have to follow Mendel’s law of dominant/recessive gene theory. Again, the odds on that many “vampires” all escaping the notice of the medical/scientific community are so low as to be almost nonexistent. The idea that there is a global “vampire community” engaging in controlled breeding to keep the “bloodline pure” is delusional in the extreme.Source(s): No matter what people tell you, so-called “vampires” cannot drain you psychically, cannot gain supernatural nourishment from blood, and are not in any way shape or form “energy deficient”. Humans do not give off prana, chi, the Force, or anything else that so-called “psy vamps” say they feed on. These are lies of the “vampire community” with absolutely no evidence to back them up, and are used in order to give their fantasies pseudo-legitimacy to people who are gullible enough to swallow this tripe hook, line, and sinker. ANYONE who tells you such things are “real” is either living in a fantasy, lying through their teeth, has mistaken autonomic biofeedback adrenaline/endorphin release for “draining”, or are caught up in a delusion bordering on mental illness. Drinking blood is a behavior of choice, not one of physiological necessity. I’m a Nurse, real education, real experience
- 8 years ago
The folklore of vampires is centuries old. There have been many cases through out history of murders who were cannibals, or drank the blood of their victims. There was even a countess that bathed in the blood of virgins because she thought it kept her young, though none of these cases were caused by an actual physical need for blood. It was simply caused by demented minds. There is no such condition that would cause someone to need to drink blood, or be able drain someone of energy, that is all fiction.
The tie to Romania is due to Bram Stoker's Dracula. The most famous vampire in fiction is in fact loosely based on a real person. Vlad Dracula, aka Vlad the Impaler, aka Vlad III was the ruler of Walachia a province of romania in the 1460's. He was not a supernatural undead that drank blood. He was a ruler that ruled with an iron fist and brutal punishments. Impaled people alive on stakes where they hung for agonizing days before dying, burned people alive, and many other horrifying tales all true. Still, he was in no way a vampire, just a man.
FYI: dracul is romanian for dragon vlad II. Took the name vlad dracul as he was a leader in the order of the dragon. Dracula simply means son of the dragon.Source(s): History
- Cap'n MorganLv 68 years ago
Peasant folklore from a time when no-one knew any better.
Vlad Dracula, aka Vlad the Impaler, was a real Prince of Wallachia (modern Romania) in the 15th century, notoriously cruel and bloody-minded, but was not a vampire. Recent news suggests he may be related to the British royal family, or Prince Charles may be making one of his little jokes.
- 8 years ago
Yes I have had a few vampire girlfriends and some of my friends are vamps, in fact my mom and one of my sisters are vamps, vampirisim is real and can occur if a vampire injects his/her blood into a human thus turning them into a vamp, if you are a supernatural you may become part-vampire but that is extremely rare and unlikely.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 8 years ago
dracs real enough but whether he was a vamp or not is another matter. he defantly wasnt the first vampire though. ledgeds of vamps date back well before Dracula was even born, possibly back to the stone ages but i havent seen any evidance of cave men being vamps (though they were very blood thirsty back in the day). there's always the possibility though.
the first mention of vamps that i've seen was around the time that the bible was written and is possibly in the bible but i've never read the orginal text and the bible was written about three hundred years after christ's death, or final death or what ever.
aparantly Judus (i think that's his name, my bible studies are getting rust) the dude that betrade Jesus, commited suicide but the saten brought him back and made him drink the blood of humans to keep himself alive thus making j the first vampire. but that's only what i've heardSource(s): i know every thing about this stuff anyway XD
- None ya.Lv 78 years ago
For the four millionth time human vampires DO NOT EXIST!
- 8 years ago
There are people who say theyre vampires . Dress up in dark clothes have "fangs" and only come out at night
- 8 years ago
I heard a story about Vampires there in Europe. They said there are lots of vampire in there. BUT I DON'T REALLY CARE ON THAT! WHAT EVER PEOPLE SAY IF THERE IS NO VAMPIRE TO BE BESIDE MY BED TONIGHT WATCHING ME SLEEP AND DON'T DO HARM TO ME, I WILL NOT BELIEVE.
(I know it's corny)
- 8 years ago
some people say there are vampires while some say not
- 8 years ago
all fake. vampires are myth. Simple fact.