unemployment question?

i recently quit my job to attend College in seattle, So i can make a better contribution to society.

Now, totally new to this so forgive me on the lack of knowledge.

Where do i go to begin apply for it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Bobbie
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Links to official, Federal and state unemployment office Web sites are listed below.

http://employeeissues.com/unemployment_offices.htm

State Unemployment Office Web Sites

Washington

http://www.esd.wa.gov/uibenefits/apply/eligibility...

Are you eligible to claim unemployment benefits?

If you understand the eligibility requirements listed below, go directly to the initial online unemployment-benefits application.

If you still have questions about how to apply, what information you need to provide when you apply, or whether you qualify, the applying-for-unemployment-benefits video (Spanish video) (captioned video) will give you basic claims information. Please be sure to read your claims kit (PDF, 1675KB) for more detailed information.

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 10/27/2011

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

You should have applied and been accepted to the college already BEFORE quitting your job. Upon acceptance, you should have also checked to see when the semesters (or quarters) start and end, including the start and end dates and times of classes.

You had better look for another job while going ONLINE to research the local colleges in your area. All colleges (and universities) have websites that will give you more than enough information. In addition, make an appointment with an academic advisor at the local college or your high school so that he or she may help you figure this out.

• 8 years ago

Search "the name of the state you worked in + unemployment", and you should be able to find your state's department that handles unemployment. On their webpage they will have a link to file a claim.

As long as you're honest it never hurts to file a claim, they worst that they can do is deny you.

However, you have two major hurdles to being approved.

1. You are in school, most states require that you be able and available to work in order to qualify for a claim. If unemployment deems you unable to work while attending school then you could be denied.

2. Generally when you quit a job, the reason for quitting must be in some way attributable to the employer. Quitting in order to attend school is in no way attributable to the employer.

As I said. It does not hurt to file a claim as long as you're honest. I would not get your hopes up too high though. A better route for you will probably be grants, loans and scholarships.

good luck.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Your first "better contribution to society" will be finding a way to support yourself. You aren't eligible for unemployment when you quit to go back to school.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

You can't collect unemployment while you are a student unless the program is a short length and the workforce commission approved it.

Besides, you quit your job. That too is enough to prevent you from collecting unemployment.

• 8 years ago

NO GO

You quit. . . . .so no unemployment

You're a student, so no unemployment

Source(s): tax pro
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.