What happens to a mortgage when someone dies with no heirs?

Hello! I am interested in buying a home who was mortgaged by someone who just recently passed away. She absolutely had no living heirs. She had recently done a reverse mortgage. Does anyone know if she would have had to put someone elses name on the paperwork to get the reverse mortgage? I guess what I... show more Hello!
I am interested in buying a home who was mortgaged by someone who just recently passed away. She absolutely had no living heirs. She had recently done a reverse mortgage. Does anyone know if she would have had to put someone elses name on the paperwork to get the reverse mortgage?

I guess what I would like to know is if there is anyway I can purchase this house? Or will this go back to the bank?
Update: Thanks everybody! There is no will and the closest living relative was her deceased brother's wife. She had just got the reverse mortgage a few months ago. This is my dream home and we had even talked about making her an offer but since she was sick there never was the right time. If I can find out where the... show more Thanks everybody! There is no will and the closest living relative was her deceased brother's wife. She had just got the reverse mortgage a few months ago. This is my dream home and we had even talked about making her an offer but since she was sick there never was the right time. If I can find out where the mortgage is held I wonder if I can contact them to make an offer?