Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 8 years ago

What are your thoughts on abortion..?

What are your opinions on abortion.. please help.

Favorite Answer

I am pro-choice; I believe abortion is a valid and legitimate form of reproductive healthcare that should be safe, legal, and accessible without undue burden, shame, or stigma for any woman who decides she needs one.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: @Dalton & Kaiah's Mommy claims that "the baby can feel pain at 8 weeks"; this is patently untrue. Britain's Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has found that nerve endings in the fetal brain aren't developed enough before 24 weeks to signal any pain. Thus, says the College's report, "It can be concluded that the foetus cannot experience pain in any sense prior to this gestation." (http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19089-24week... )

EDIT: @natasha claims that "The basically rip the heads off babies or kill them with needles."; there is no abortion procedure that rips off any heads, and I assume she is referring to instillation abortion when she mentions needles. Instillation abortion is a form of amniocentesis abortion where an abortion-inducing liquid (urea, saline, or prostaglandin) is injected into the amniotic sac. This procedure has largely been abandoned because it is difficult and ineffective; in 2009 it constituted only .8% of all abortions performed (and is presumably lessening with each passing year). Unless she is talking about inducing fetal demise via injection for late-term abortions (which are virtually all due to fetal anomaly or threats to the life or health of the mother), which is either to prevent the baby from a few hours of painful struggle and then death should it survive the procedure, or because the law mandates it (for example, the Supreme Court ruled in Gonzales v. Carhart, 2007 that the procedure of intact dilation and extraction may be done provided the fetus is dead).

EDIT: @CatholicGeek claims that "not to mention the medical risks like breast cancer."; there is no link between abortion and breast cancer. Please see the findings of the National Cancer Institute: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/...

EDIT: I just want to add to Ashley's answer and point out that early abortion is incredibly safe; while sepsis (I'm guessing that's what she means by "sepstus"?) is indeed a risk, it's important to know that risk of such a serious infection requiring hospitalization occurs only 1 in every 1,000 cases; the same is true of uterine perforation. Information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) indicates that the risk of death from a legal early abortion is about 0.6 in 100,000 cases. By comparison the risk of death associated with tonsillectomy is about 3 deaths per 100,000 cases. The risk of a person dying from childbirth is approximately 11 times greater than from early abortion.

Abortion is murder. The child has a heartbeat before you even know it exists. It is much more than a "clump of cells" as pro- choice people will tell you. With the contraceptions available today pregnancy should be prevented before it occurs. And as far as rape and incest cases those combined make up less than 1% of abortions. Thousands of wmen who have abortions regret them and live with reif, guilt and trama. Abortion is not without risks. Medical abortion carries the risk of septsus, which can lead to death if all of your dead baby does not pass. Surgical abortion can cause damage to the uterus.

This is without talking about what actually happens to your baby when you have an abortion. A medical abortion consists of 2 medication. The first prevents the baby from getting nutrients from the uterus, which basically starves it to death, the second medication causes te uterus to contract which will force your dead baby out of your body. This form also has the uniqueness of leaving you to deal with it yourself. You will pass the baby and see it at your home, a doctor will do a follow up, but you will see the results of what you have done.

Early surgical abortions are done by dialating the cervix and suctioning out the baby. In later surgical abortions, when the baby is too large to simply be sucked out of you, tools are used to dismember the arms and legs and they are pulled out with forceps, the skull is then crushed and removed.

Source(s): abortion stats: http://www.policyalmanac.org/culture/archive/abort... info on how abortions are preformed and the tools used: http://abortioninstruments.com/

To me is murder. That tiny baby with a little heartbeat has a soul. Its our job to protect ourselves from unwanted pregnancy. The way they do abortions are so in humane. The basically rip the heads off babies or kill them with needles. I am spiritual and feel that life is made for a reason. By killing the babies does not give them a choice or chance. Also those unborned babies will be waiting in heaven wondering why they weren't given a chance. There are alot of woman who want kids and cant have kids. I was one of those women. Now I have one child and one unplanned child. It is 8 weeks in my womb. I didn't want another child at the moment but I don't want to hurt my child either. So I made the unselfish decision to keep it. I was in the process of trying to get my career flowing by moving to another state for a promotion. I did not take the job because I was pregnant. I couldn't be my best battling morning sickness and a growing belly. To me abortion is not a choice its a child.

I personally believe it is murder.

The baby has a heartbeat at 17 days (that is before you even know you are pregnant) the baby can feel pain at 8 weeks (which most people that have abortions are between 8-12 weeks)

You asked for my opinion and this is what it is...

-Abortion in the act of birth control is wrong, if you had consentual sex, and u KNEW what you were doing, then find out ur pregnant but arent ready to be a parent, i think you should place your baby for adoption, not KILL him/her.

-Abortion (IN MY OPINION) is more understandable when you've been raped or it would cause you or the baby medical harm to continue the pregnancy THAT isn't YOUR doing, That's out of your hands and isn't something you intentionally did that caused something unintentional to happen

-I think young girls who look to abortion so they dont get into trouble with their families for having sex with their boyfriends need to just face their consequences and admit what they've done instead of killing their own child to keep them out of trouble.

This is MY opinion and i wouldn't ever PUSH my opinion on someone else because everyone has their own reasons for their own things.

Source(s): Got pregnant at 16. I knew right then and there, (along with my fiance) that we were going to be parents. There wasn't ever a thought of adoption or abortion. I accepted responsibility for my actions and i'm now 17, 32 weeks pregnant and waiting anxiously with my fiance for our son's arrival.

It depends, personally I only agree with abortion in one case which would be if the woman was raped and got pregnant. Then I think its ok to get an abortion. In any other case if you consent to having sex you should at least give the baby a chance to be adopted.

I'm pro-abortion. I would rather someone had an abortion if they didnt feel that they could, or wanted to have a child, than have it and be miserable and give the child a terrible start to life.

I would also suggest lowering the price of abortions so that alot of girls who do not want a child, but can't afford an abortion, are able to have one. It would definitely decrease the rate of unwanted teenage pregnancies. That being said, it shouldnt be too cheap either, coz then people would be having them all the time.

Im against abortions but if ur considering one then thats ur choice.

Its murder. If your not ready theres places you can go for real help and support. Women regret abortions not to mention the medical risks like breast cancer.

Hi there.

It's your choice. If you are considering abortion, this site contains medically accurate, pro-choice information.

http://www.pregnancyoptions.info/pregnant.htm#2

You will encounter many extreme anti-abortionists on this site. If you're trying to make a decision, it's really not the best place to go.

Best of luck.