Name this movie please?

Can not remember the year i watched this, but it was a long time ago, it was a film about the coming of satan, i explicitly remember the ending of it. A woman sat in a car with someone who they thought would turn into satan at a certain time, now i thought that guy was played by Gabriel Bryne, but i have looked... show more Can not remember the year i watched this, but it was a long time ago, it was a film about the coming of satan, i explicitly remember the ending of it.

A woman sat in a car with someone who they thought would turn into satan at a certain time, now i thought that guy was played by Gabriel Bryne, but i have looked through his films and don't see anything that it could be, anyway, the woman holds a gun to his head until it passes 12 o'clock (i think) it passed and she put the gun down, then he turned. I cant remember anything else about this film just the ending always stuck in my mind, it had to be going back at least 10 years ago i watched this film, so it is an old one, if anyone knows the film can you please let me know.

Thanks.
Update: Its not end of days, it has a different ending to the one i described, good film though.
Update 2: checked out prince of darkness definitely not that, any other suggestions ?