Getting a 0x000005B4 ERROR_TIMEOUT error when attempting to connect with Ethernet.?

XP Machine
DNS: Windows 2008 R2

This PC has both wired and wireless. It was connecting just fine via wired until recently when we would get this error. I disabled that adapter and enabled wireless, with the same IP/DNS settings, and it connects to the server just fine.
Update: I appreciate both answers, but unfortunately, neither helped. I might need to get more specific: At first, the PC was running on Ethernet Cat5, just fine, until recently, which it started giving the 0x00005b4 timeout error, then continue to "log on" minus any network functionality. As admin, I disable the LAN... show more I appreciate both answers, but unfortunately, neither helped. I might need to get more specific: At first, the PC was running on Ethernet Cat5, just fine, until recently, which it started giving the 0x00005b4 timeout error, then continue to "log on" minus any network functionality. As admin, I disable the LAN (with static IP/DNS settings) and enabled wireless (I used the exact same static IP/DNS settings) and could log into the domain like normal. The issue is with that adapter, or something that is blocking any DNS request from that specific adapter. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the ethernet card with no luck, including trying the suggestions you gave.