I like this guy, but he's REALLY shy :OO?

First off, sorry to anyone whose reading this a second time, It might seem weird, but i really need an answer from a neutral person if you know what i mean :) Okay. so there's this guy. Let's call him David. And he's probably the most shy person I ever met. But I am too! so it's really hard.... show more First off, sorry to anyone whose reading this a second time, It might seem weird, but i really need an answer from a neutral person if you know what i mean :)

Okay. so there's this guy. Let's call him David. And he's probably the most shy person I ever met. But I am too! so it's really hard. He's got the most beautiful eyes (if you can say that about a guy xD), and he's just so different from all the guys.

These are the things he does to me:

- Holds open the door for me at school
- when i'm late for school, and i walk into the classroom, his eyes light up
- When I have a conversation with someone he usually listens, but doesn't say anything except smile
- When I catch him looking at me, he usually kind of blushes and looks away smiling. But once he actually kept looking at me smiling.
- When (a particular person) decides to be an asshole to me, he seems to be angry and walks away frowning
- When we were playing basketball in P.E he chose me first into his team, and whilst playing, he kept trying to play the ball ONLY to me, and saying a few compliments.
- He hasn't ever had a girlfriend though, so he looks like he's not trying to risk anything
- One of my friends think he likes me back, when i told her these things, and she also sees it
- In math (which i suck at and hes pretty good at it), he turns around to help me, but when someone says something, he blushes says sorry to me and continues his math.
- When my best friend (gay) said that im so quiet, but extremely cute, it seemed like he was nodding and he was saying something quietly, but i didn't hear

So i just need some help of what to do next, because I'm not the kind of girl who tries to get every guy, I'm really shy n quiet, but not the most unpopular person if you know what i mean. I'm becoming pretty good friends with him now, cause when our class waits for school to start, I started hugging him, and now he does back.
And do you really think i've got a chance with him? I mean,if he doesn't like me, i don't really want to ask him out, and then be hurt, i don't know.

Thanks :D
Update: He's not geeky :O
He's actually really sporty and he's hot, but its not what Im looking at.
There's about 3 or 4 girls i know (but not really friends with) who like him and find him good looking.
But he only does those things to me