Which ILLEGAL drug is the worst drug?

Your answers are going to be a very opinionated of course, and there is nothing wrong with that. I think PCP is the worst drug. I've never done it, but the effects can even lead to death. Of course, the effects have to do with the dosage but still. These are the effects wikipedia shows and what i read first.

Behavioral effects can vary by dosage. Low doses produce a numbness in the extremities and intoxication, characterized by staggering, unsteady gait, slurred speech, bloodshot eyes, and loss of balance. Moderate doses (5–10 mg intranasal, or 0.01–0.02 mg/kg intramuscular or intravenous) will produce analgesia and anesthesia. High doses may lead to convulsions.[29] Frequently users do not know how much of the drug they are taking due to the tendency of the drug to be made illegally in uncontrolled conditions.

Psychological effects include severe changes in body image, loss of ego boundaries, paranoia and depersonalization. Hallucinations, euphoria, suicidal impulses and aggressive behavior are reported. The drug has been known to alter mood states in an unpredictable fashion, causing some individuals to become detached, and others to become animated. Intoxicated individuals may act in an unpredictable fashion, possibly driven by their delusions and hallucinations. PCP may induce feelings of strength, power, and invulnerability as well as a numbing effect on the mind. Occasionally, this leads to bizarre acts of violence. However, studies by the Drug Abuse Warning Network in the 1970s show that media reports of PCP-induced violence are greatly exaggerated and that incidents of violence were unusual and often (but not always) limited to individuals with reputations for aggression regardless of drug use. The reports in question often dealt with a supposed increase in strength imparted by the drug; this could partially be explained by the anaesthetic effects of the drug. The most commonly-cited types of incidents included self-mutilation of various types, breaking handcuffs (a feat reportedly requiring about 550 lbf (2.4 kN) of force), inflicting remarkable property damage, and pulling one's own teeth.

Included in the portfolio of behavioral disturbances are acts of self-injury including suicide, and attacks on others or destruction of property. The analgesic properties of the drug can cause users to feel less pain, and persist in violent or injurious acts as a result. Recreational doses of the drug can also induce a psychotic state that resembles schizophrenic episodes which can last for months at a time with toxic doses. Users generally report an "out-of-body" experience where they feel detached from reality, or one's consciousness seems somewhat disconnected from reality.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Ron H
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I was a juror in a murder trial and one the witnesses was a PCP user who suffered from organic brain damage. The guy was in jail for another offense and could not even say how long he had been in jail. Pretty bad.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

If you are specifically asking which is worst on the human body its probably a toss up because each controlled substance has its own effects which are a detriment in both the short and long term physically and mentally.

However, with 22 years on the streets as a Peace Officer, the drug which most effects the user and society as a whole is without a doubt Methamphetamine in its various forms. The physical effects include severe weight loss, meth mouth, various other health issues, open sores caused continuous picking at or scratching "meth mites", general lack of Hygiene and so on. The homes of typical meth addicts are dimly lit because most of the light bulbs have been used to smoke meth, the trash piles up as do the dirty dishes, laundry, diapers and animal waste from pets. Because of the unsanitary conditions the home may become infested with mice and various species of insects. Children are frequently malnourished and not cared for because once a user is hooked, they simply do not care about anything but the next fix and there is usually a limited amount of food in the home.

Source(s): 22 years of first hand experience in the field.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Whichever one;

1) You are addicted to

or 2) You underestimate

All drugs even alcohol have an inherent risk, it is essential that they are not underestimated.

It is also an interesting concept that many substance abusers have noted that they have often started with the 'soft' drugs before moving on to the 'hard' drugs.

Drugs don't harm you if you don't take them obviously and if you are taking one and not any others then again obviously that is causing the most damage.., and so is the 'worst' drug.

I do apologise for my philosophical answer to the question, which I think may not have been in the spirit of the question, however I believe it may add another important dimension to this apparent discussion.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Legal drugs are just as potent or even more potent than street corner drugs... they are often made of the same stuff... then chemist do what they do best... add chemicals, in order to achieve a certain response from the body... fun... I can say that is my opinion... simple cannabis is the safest of them all... and that includes legal and illegal drugs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Worst stimulant - methamphetamine

Opoid - heroin

Dissociative - pcp

Theres different types of drugs and these 3 drugs are the worst ones from their categories. However i dont think you can compare drugs of different types. They are too different and bad in different ways to be compared.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Im not sure if brain damage is the worst thing that can come from drug usage. I can think of others. Seems meth in various forms is the worse.

• 9 years ago

Methamphetamine.

It's the biggest problem we have, so many people's lives destroyed, we have a generation of kids being raised by grandparents because the parents are on meth.

• 9 years ago

Crystal Meth

• blu magic

• 9 years ago

Meth

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.