2003 Nissan Altima vs 2002 nissan maxima used?

My budget is $7000. I'm a college student. I don't want to spend too much on repair. I wanna get something nice. any problems with the 2003 nissan altima? what about the 2003 maxima?

Best Answer

I´d go for the Altima, I own one and I´m in love with it, great reliability, good build quality, great gas mileage. I got the 2002 one. No problems at all! I definitely recommend this car. I have 2.5 I-4.

You should know that the Maxima has a 3.5 V6 engine which is way less fuel efficient than the 2.5 I-4 on the Altima!

Good luck

Source(s): Personal experience

I'd go with the Maxima. They've always been Nissan's flagship sedan. It would be like a Ford Mustang or a Fusion. Not to mention it's bigger, and more powerful than an Altima.

The altima is slightly better on gas, however.

Dont know bout the older years but I have a 2006 Altima and it runs great love it.....so Im pretty sure the 2003 should run great as well, plus its Nissan they make great cars!