Why is Hitler not in the Sid Meier's Civilization video game series?

Why not for the German Civ? I know hitler isn't german but w/e that.. he was a leader of germany.. and the most well known leader of germany is hitler.. does it have something to do with hitler being a racist killer who slaughted 6 million jews? so wat... genghis khan,stalin, etc killed more ppl and they are in the game.. so why not hitler? the most well known and probably an important historical figure in history

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Fran
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Looking at the big picture, the Holocaust was fairly recent in our history - some of the Jews who lived through it are still alive in fact, and those who have passed on have family who will have remembered what their parents went through.

To give a brief answer, if Hitler were to be added to a game like Sid Meier's Civilization, a lot of people would see that as an act of insensitivity - a huge controversy would erupt, and that is exactly the kind of publicity that a company like Take-Two Interactive does not want.

I'm sure you can connect the dots from there.

Also as someone else said, I think the reason Hitler had so much more impact on history was because of how horrific his crimes were ~ the camps, the gas chambers, the experiments etcetc

• Login to reply the answers
  • casolo
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Civilization Video Game Series

• 8 years ago

cuase of what he did probaly

and people would freak out most likely

better safe than sorry

no 1 cars about genghis khan or stalin lol

hitler toched a nerve with people

• Andrew
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Because the crimes he commited were just inhumane, and no game wants to bring up such terrifying events in history

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.