teeg asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 years ago

How would I address a military officer and his wife in public and on a letter?

I'm inviting the parents of a friend to my wedding, and her father is a Lieutenant General and her mother is a civilian. I have no idea how to address them at the wedding or on the invitations as I'm not military... help please?

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

    Example: (mailing address ) Lieutenant General & Mrs. John Doe or LTG. & Mrs. John Doe !

    When speaking to them, adress them as Sir & Maam, unless they say please call us "John & Jane " !

    Letter: Dear LTG & Mrs John Doe,

    Source(s): Served 30 years - Army
  • 8 years ago

    Chuy's correct, if he's an Army General. For Air Force, substitute "Lt Gen" for "LTG", and for a Marine general, substitute "LtGen" for the abbreviation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.