Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 10 years ago

When Is Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker)'s Execution Date?

My mom dated him before the murders occurred and I was wondering when his execution date was...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Although the death penalty is legal in California, there were legal challenges in recent years which prompted the State to redo its procedure, which included the building of a new gas chamber, and updating of the injection method to ensure compliance with legal requirements. Most recently, supplies of sodium thiopental, the drug required for lethal injection, expired, and domestic manufacturers have been unwilling to supply the State with new supplies. Until California is able to obtain supplies from foreign manufacturers, which will likely take 2 or 3 years, it is unlikely we will see another execution in the State.

In regards to Richard Ramirez specifically, no execution date has been set. Death Penalty cases are cases are automatically appealed in California. In the Ramirez case, all state appeals have been exhausted. He is still entitled to federal appeals, but his defense attorney will likely not file an appeal unless the executions resume. If executions resume some time in the next 2 years, his appeals will likely take another 2 years after that, which means he is not likely to be executed until at least 2015. Currently, there are 713 offenders (including 19 women) on California's Death Row.

Source(s): CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS AND REHABILITATION DIVISION OF ADULT OPERATIONS Death Row Tracking System Condemned Inmate Summary List Printed Date: 08/13/2009 "Schwarzenegger delays ex-Tulare man's execution". Visalia Times-Delta: pp. 1–2. 2010-09-28. http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/article/20100928/... Retrieved 2010-09-28
  • 5 years ago

Richard Ramirez Execution Date

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

When Is Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker)'s Execution Date?

My mom dated him before the murders occurred and I was wondering when his execution date was...

Source(s): richard ramirez night stalker 39 execution date: https://tr.im/x2YJZ
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yes, I think he's in the same prison as Scott Peterson

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.