? asked in 社會與文化語言 · 9 years ago

介係詞用法的疑問

中文;他正怒氣沖沖的,我們必須揭止他跟人家打架

翻譯; He was so angry we had to restrain him from starting a fight.

可以改成 He was so angry we had to restrain him to start a fight.

中文;他決定不偏離他的原定計畫

翻譯; He is determined not to stray from his original plans.

可以改成 He is determined not to stray to his original plans.

中文;吵鬧的小孩使我無法專心工作

翻譯; The noisy children distracted me from my work.

可以改成; The noisy children distracted me on my work.

幫我說明為什麼可以這樣使用~~~thanks

Rating
    Favorite Answer

Restrain - ~ sb/sth (from sth / from doing sth) to stop sb/sth from doing sth, especially by using physical force:

The prisoner had to be restrained by the police. * I had to restrain her from hitting out at passers-by. * They have obtained an injunction restraining the company from selling the product. * Morse placed a restraining hand on Lewis's arm.

Stray - PREP. from Be careful not to stray from the path. | into, off, to His eyes strayed to the telephone. (figurative) Her thoughts strayed to the journey ahead of her.

Distract - [VN] ~ sb/sth (from sth) to take sb's attention away from what they are trying to do:

You're distracting me from my work. * Don't talk to her--she's very easily distracted. * It was another attempt to distract attention from the truth.

如果您要問為什麼? 一定有原因。可是這個原因不能提昇您的英文程度。我只能勸您記住這些片語。

或許有人會告知您,這三個動詞是屬於 XX動詞,所以搭配介詞要用 from。可是您知道這有意義嗎? 還不是要去背這個片語。或許您可以不選擇用背的,找出使用這個片語的例句(多找幾個),看久了就記住了。

• Louis

你改寫的句子好像都錯了。