? asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 10 years ago

Who to Start in Week 8?

At Running Back (Need 2)

Maurice Jones-Drew vs. HOU

Rashard Mendenhall vs. NE

Ahmad Bradshaw vs. MIA

At Wide Receiver (Need 3)

DeSean Jackson vs. DAL

Miles Austin vs. PHI

AJ Green vs. SEA

Anquan Boldin vs. ARI

Non PPR League. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I would go with MJD and Bradshaw...Mendenhall has been inconsistent this year...though MJD has not been the highest scoring back...he has been the most consistent...if not the most consistent RB this season.

The Steelers will not have to rely on Mendenhall vs. the Patriots...as New England is susceptible to the pass.

Bradshaw scored 3 TDs in his last outing vs. the Bills...sure it was the Bills...but Bradshaw is hot and rested...Mendenhall didn't put up great numbers vs. the Cardinals and their lousy run defense this past weekend. Mendenhall has been very inconsistent this year.

Bradshaw might lose a few carries as I believe number 2 running back Brandon Jacobs is back in the lineup...but Tom Coughlin would be crazy not to give more touches to his hottest weapon.

MJD is the most consistent of the backs...and Bradshaw is the hottest...roll with them.

At receiver I would go with Jackson, Austin, and Green...Boldin has been too inconsistent...and the Raven's defense has been inconsistent.

I know Boldin is playing against his old team but...that only means so much...Austin had a tough go this past weekend...but the Austin had 90 yds and 1 TD in his earlier game vs. the Eagles this weekend...and that is with their deep secondary.

If your gut is telling you Boldin then go with him...he should have a good game...Flacco has had a tendency to forget about Boldin...but I can't see him doing that when Boldin is facing his old squad...I like Austin over Boldin most days...this might be enough to sway you.

I would play Austin over Boldin...but you would be just as well off flipping a coin...go with your gut on your 3rd WR....but Green and a well-rested Jackson should be good...you have some great receivers but this week...they are all within the same range regarding expected performance.

Good luck!

At RB, I would start MJD because is going to get all the carries against Houston, and Mendenhall because of the matchup against the 32nd rated Patriots D. At WR, I would start Jackson, Austin, and Green, because Ray Rice is a serious receiving threat for Baltimore, and Boldin is not Flacco's favorite target.

Source(s): Playing fantasy football

Mendenhall-Bradshaw

Jackson-A Miles-Green

MJD vs HOU

Bradshaw vs MIA

Jackson vs DAL

Boldin vs ARI

Green vs SEA

Good Luck!

MoJO and bradshaw, JAX, Boldin and Green