Stone
Lv 5
Stone asked in SportsBoxing · 9 years ago

Peter Jackson vs Sonny Liston, street fight?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Jackson was an immensely tough fighter and skillful boxer who started off in the bare knuckle days and once fought a 61 round no contest with James J. Corbett. John L. Sullivan drew the colour line rather than fight Jackson and I'm sure he would have been a tough proposition for anybody in a street fight.

However, Sonny Liston was Sonny Liston. Big, tough and very hard punching, perhaps the hardest punching heavyweight of all time. He was said to have knocked out three cons in a prison yard and on the streets took a cops gun and threw the officer head first into a trash can. He was probably far more menacing in a street fight than in the ring, and that really is saying something.

Liston would probably never have to throw more than one punch to end 99% of street fights. Jackson would take more than that, his bare knuckle experience would stand him in good stead but he wouldn't last long. Liston's power and combination punching would finish Jackson off inside a few minutes.

Liston KO.

• toby
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I think Sonny would knock him out, too big and mean. But it would not be a easy fight, Jackson is a tough guy experienced at bare knuckle fighting and with a hard punch himself. I don't think they had anyone like Sonny back in Jackson's day though lol.

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Hairydude, you're back..Good answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.