Moved home directory in ubuntu and now I can't boot?

So, here is the story. While trying to set up a samba server, I was experimenting in the terminal (noob to linux, though I hope to get better) and I was trying to use the 'mv' command to move an edited file into the etc/samba folder. What ended up happening was, i copied the whole home directory. So I... show more So, here is the story.

While trying to set up a samba server, I was experimenting in the terminal (noob to linux, though I hope to get better) and I was trying to use the 'mv' command to move an edited file into the etc/samba folder. What ended up happening was, i copied the whole home directory. So I restarted, and after trying to login I got a large amount of errors, ending with no ubuntu.

First question, how do you suggest I go about fixing this?

Second question: how do i properly use the mv command.

Thanks,

lots of rep for someone that can help
Update: Yea, i did move the /home/ directory into the /etc/samba directory and i cant login because it can't find the file to authenticate or whatever. Is there any other way to do it without reinstalling the operating system? If i ran a version of of ubuntu off of a flash drive could i access the terminal from there and... show more Yea, i did move the /home/ directory into the /etc/samba directory and i cant login because it can't find the file to authenticate or whatever.

Is there any other way to do it without reinstalling the operating system? If i ran a version of of ubuntu off of a flash drive could i access the terminal from there and change it?

if so how do i correctly type the mv command to fix it