bexitrol-f hfa inhaler?

What is it used for?

I have been coughing for a few weeks now. Went to the doctor and he precribed bexitrol-f hfa inhaler for me. He suggested that I do several tests, he didn't mention about any diagnosis as yet. I NEVER had asthma.

Would anybody be able to give me some tips on what is bexitrol-f hfa inhaler used for?

Thanks.

• Mags
    Favorite Answer

You already know that the primary reasons for the Bexitrol-f hfa inhalers are asthma and COPD. I do not see any off-label uses. This doesn't mean that your doctor prescribed it because you do have either condition but because you have some of the symptoms and pending a proper tested diagnosis, he wants you protected.

It may have been that your chest sounds and airway constriction were not to his liking and he wanted to provide you with some relief in advance of the tests which will be used to confirm a diagnosis. .

http://www.beximco-pharma.com/images/stories/lates...

If you want to know why he prescribed this inhaler, call his office and ask him.

If you want a diagnosis, have the tests done.

From the Bemexico site is a description of the Bexitrol-F HFA inhaler (Salmeterol Xinafoate and Fluticasone Propionate )

"Salmeterol Xinafoate is a selective, long acting b2 agonist used in the treatment of asthma and other forms of diffuse airways obstruction.

Fluticasone Propionate is a corticosteroid with mainly glucocorticoid activity. Fluticasone Propionate is stated to exert a topical effect on the lungs without systemic effects at usual dose. Bexitrol-F combines both ingredients in single inhaler.

Bexitrol F is indicated in the regular treatment of asthma where use of a combination product (long acting b2 agonist and inhaled corticosteroid) is appropriate:

1. Patients not adequately controlled with inhaled corticosteroids and with "as needed" inhaled short acting b2 agonist or

2. Patients already adequately controlled on both inhaled corticosteroids and long acting b2 agonist."

Asthma and COPD are serious conditions and you need to get a proper diagnosis so that you can discuss long term treatment and therapies. You don't want to rely on an inhaler alone.

Have the tests to get a diagnosis soon. You could have a bronchial condition brought on by fall mold allergies or it could be more serious.

Best wishes

You're in observation phase. Only use inhaler if it's necessary. Nothing to worry about!