Visiting an inmate in jail ??? help?

Im visiting some in the harris county jail. and im underage im going with a friend 18 yrs old. What documents should i bring such as birth certificate and things. Also what documents are they gonna have me fill out and what are they going to say.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No special form and they are not going to say much unless you violate the rules, they are busy with everyone else visiting. If 16 and under no special ID needed, 17 and above need Dl or state ID.

Everything you need to know about visiting in Harris County, Tx

http://www.hcso.hctx.net/inmate_visitation.aspx

Harris County Jail Visitation Schedule

• Monday - NO VISITS

• Tuesday - 4 - 9 p.m

• Wednesday - 4 - 9 p.m.

• Thursday - NO VISITS

• Friday - NO VISITS

• Saturday - 3:30 - 9 p.m.

• Sunday - 3:30 - 9 p.m.

To visit a hospitalized inmate, please contact an HCSO Transportation/Hospital supervisor at 713-967-5900. The supervisor will determine if the inmate is eligible for a visit and will coordinate the visitation with the Operations deputy and the hospital’s security staff. Unannounced visits will not be allowed.

Jail Location

Visiting an inmate begins by entering the main lobby of the jail the inmate is housed in:

• 1200 Baker Street

• 1307 Baker Street

• 701 N. San Jacinto Street

• 711 N. San Jacinto Street

Visitors:

• All visitors (17 years of age or older) must have a valid state or federal ID card or driver's license with photograph.

• Visitors 16 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult (17 years of age or older).

• Up to 2 adults and 2 children may visit an inmate

• Inmates are allowed only one 20-minute visit per day. .

• Attorneys may visit inmates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

• No minister visits will be allowed at any jail location from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Prohibited Items:

• Visitors are not allowed to bring any items when visiting an inmate. All items including, purses, wallets, bags, mobile phones, recording devices, writing instruments, weapons, etc. are prohibited. There are storage lockers in the lobby. You will only be allowed to have the locker key with you when visiting an inmate.

• Liquids or food is not allowed.

• No packages, mail, or photographs may be left for an inmate.

Attire:

• No revealing and/or see-through clothing.

• No sleeves shorter than halfway down the upper arm.

• No spandex or tights without shorts/skirt.

• No dress/skirts/shorts above mid-thigh.

• No clothing displaying obscene or offensive language, drawings or gang affiliation

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Criminal Record Search Database : http://criminalrecords.raiwi.com/?jSSK
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Visiting an inmate in jail ??? help?

Im visiting some in the harris county jail. and im underage im going with a friend 18 yrs old. What documents should i bring such as birth certificate and things. Also what documents are they gonna have me fill out and what are they going to say.

Source(s): visiting inmate jail help: https://biturl.im/QlfvX
  • Nancy
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

I used to go and visit inmates and their families in prison - I have not done that for some time now. I need to go back and with the Lord's help I will. Blessings and thanks for the reminder.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.