Why is there a growing amount of anti semitism, especially in the occupy wall street protests?

There seems to be a lot of hatred towards the Jewish people, and it is on display in the OWS protests.

Why have the Jews been persecuted so much throughout history? I am not Jewish, but all of the anti Jew rhetoric used the OWS movement is very disturbing to me. Why all the anti semitism?

• Sioux
    Favorite Answer

Where did you come up with this question? Your question is designed to cast aspersions rather than to ask a serious question, now isn't it?

Read and learn!

So far all these answers are incorrect!

Occupy protests are protesting the corruption that occurs and reoccurs as often as we eat, or so it seems. In more recent times there was the banking scandal about twenty years ago, then came the Savings and loan scandal, followed by Goldman Sachs, Smith Barney and some other brokerages and banks that stole money from the investors as simply as taking a vote of the board for fantastic bonuses and absurd pay increases. Back to the scandals, next and these are certainly out of order, then came the recent taxpayer ripoff to bail out the banks for the sub prime loan fiasco, and there are many more corrupt practices by these over paid top corporate officials. For instance, if you invest money with these brokerages they charge your portfolio by taking a percentage of the principle that you invested rather than a percentage of the profits if indeed there are any real profits, this would be like your dentist charging you by the quantity of teeth you have in your mouth rather that the amount of work performed.

This not about socialism, the poor, the uneducated or Democrats and Republicans save for the corruption of the political leaders. We are sick of an election process that does not allow a third party or independent candidate to gain an elected office, as both the Democrats and Republicans have essentially created a monopoly within our election system. Yes, there are a few independents, very few, that generally do not have a chance against the super funds that the two major parties command that is supplied by corporate board rooms. Just look at President Obama and his legal collection of millions of dollars from corporate board rooms that require favors in return. Then came Nafta, the North American Free Trade Agreement? NAFTA put thousands of American workers out of work and sent these jobs off too foreign countries and both political parties favored NAFTA, so don't tell me that the Democrats are pro labor or that the Republican politicos really want smaller government, they don't.

Our political process has become a venue for the top corporations to take care of themselves with no respect to right or wrong as it is all about the health of corporations and not the health of the people, freedom, or justice.

The Occupy Protests are all about freedom and how or freedoms have eroded over the two centuries of political maneuvering.

But I am sure I left something out.

Please ignore the media interviews of cranks and crazy wackos that would protest anything, anywhere, anytime, these oddballs are there to further their own agenda just like the corporation do in government.

I guess I have covered it well in the limited time I have invested with the run-on sentences and all. We want our country back! We want the Tenth Amendment Back, we want the Constitution of the United States of America respected and followed.

Source(s): If some wacko were to be interviewed by the media and claimed to be in the mainstream OWS protest, would'nt this be a likely ploy by the opposition?

Wow! You showed us one person who said anti-semitic things. One person - unless you have something else you could show us that would make up "a lot of hatred towards Jewish people".

You are totally exaggerating this; there was one person other than that woman who had a sign about "Zionist bigoted Jews" and a group of other people stood around them holding signs that say "this is not where we are coming from". There was even a group of Orthodox Jews there.

Source(s): I'm Jewish

There is no growing amount of anti-semitism. Just because people don't agree with Israel's policies or moves by wall street bankers, who happen to be Jews, doesn't make them (us) anti-semitic.

Apparently, the Occupiers have celebrated every Jewish holiday from Rosh Hashanah to Succoth, so I have to say they are

The WORST Anti-Semites EVER!

I haven't notcied the anti-semitism but I have noticed the hate towards anyone of religion or any immigrant in society these days.

This will be what future generations will study and judge us on

Wow, that one guy is a real jerk. You can find an idiot in any large group of people. Glad he doesn't speak for the rest of the movement.

• ?

Because most of the owners of the brokerage firms are jewish. Jews have been persecuted because it is biblical.

The presence of outliers does not contradict the mean.

Some people are going to try and hijack any movement for negative reasons. Bigots are everywhere.

• ?

OWS is only as popular as it is because other attention-seekers are hijacking the protests and the movement to voice their own problems. Anti-semetism is one such outlet.

I'd imagine most of the protesters are protesting simply for the sake of protesting and saying "I'm part of OWS approve of me."

If the jews are the elite then it is well deserved!!! The elite want us non elite dead or enslaved by the turn of the next decade!!! If you are not elite then i suggest you forget about complaining and start doing something about it, we middle class and no class outnumber the elite so let's start taking over right now!!!