Why does google chrome take so much memory to run?

So, I stated using google chrome yesterday, and my computer started running a little slower, enough to where I could tell a difference. Today, I was trying to figure out why, and turns out, Google Chrome takes a s#!t l%@d of memory. I decided to do a little experiment to compare it to Firefox. So, I brought up Google Chrome, and brought up 6 websites I'm commonly visiting, all tabbed in one window, along with 1 addon running, Adblock. I went to Task Manager to look at how much memory it took. First there was the initial Google Chrome process, and then for every tab I had open (6) there was an additional process, taking up anywhere from 15,000K to 40,000K, plus about 7,000k for the adblock addon. I added them all up, and it ended up being about 290,000K of my memory. Then I shut down Google Chrome, and started Firefox. I opened those same 6 websites, looked at Task Manager, and it was using just over 100,000K that is nearly ONE THIRD of what Chrome was using, so then to venture further, I opened up an additional 10 websites, thats an additional 10 tabs, and it was still using LESS THAN HALF of what Google chrome was using for just 6 tabs open.

Why the h*(( why would I want to use Google Chrome when I usually continually have 4+ tabs open on the internet at any given time, when it takes almost 3x more memory than Firefox to do so?

Why Does google chrome take up so much memory, and is there a way I can cut that memory usage in half? Because I know Google Chrome is better than Firefox, but I'm not going to use it if I can't cut down that memory usage.

Favorite Answer

Chrome is crap.Stick to Firefox

Its because of corrupted web cache and web history. Delete the browsing history, clear the browser cache contents. Download Reginout system cleaner. Mark all the boxes in the "Google Chrome" section as checked. Click the Delete button to begin the task.

I find Google Chrome is the easiest browser to run so I can help you there

• Ian

Because it runs well, just restarted browser and computer occasionally to flood out memory.

It doesn't. You should max out your ram, its not that expensive and everything will run better.

close inactive tabs :L