Definitive Question: Should religion classes be allowed to be taught in public schools...?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Yes I do; religion plays an important role in society, in many many peoples lives. It is important that we have an at least fundamental understanding of the worlds major religions. Not taught as fact obviously, as belief systems. I went to an Anglican school, and we studied a number of religions. It wasn't too engrained into the curriculum; once class every two weeks just to broaden our understanding of the basics.

• 8 years ago

I think it should be an elective or something.

I don't mean like...a class based off a certain religion, but the opportunity to study other religions.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

students should have a choice if they want to take them in public school, they shouldn't have to

they could be offered in grade eleven and twelve as electives, it could be like world religion, who knows maybe some students would like to learn about religions around the world

• bet
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I really don't see how it could be because there sre so many religions. All the students would have problems with the controversy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Hell no! I'd drop school if that happened! If it was just informative, then that would be fine. But most religions classes would probably try to force their opinions/beliefs on you, etc.

• Garcia
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Yeah but they shouldn't proselytize the views of the religion, only inform students about it.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Nope.

However, religion should discussed in classes. The spread of it, different beliefs, etc.

• Joanna
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Personally no there would be too much controversy.

Lv 7
    8 years ago

I think it should be optional.

• 8 years ago

If so, they should be optional.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.