S asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 8 years ago

Spanish-speaking / non-Spanish-speaking Latinos?

Why do Spanish-speaking Latinos seem to look down on non-Spanish-speaking Latinos if they don't speak Spanish? Help me understand that.

Let me add that I'm non-Latino, and my race doesn't matter in this question. I'm simply inquiring as to why there seems to be disdain for people based on this issue.

Best Answer

I think that it's because they feel like the person is not valuing their culture. My family never took the time to teach me how to speak spanish. I guess they just assumed that I would pick it up. After three years of Spanish, I still can't speak it.

I agree with Raven. It's also my opinion about this issue.

@Raven: It's sad that your parents didn't teach you.

Source(s): I'm Spanish, native speaker.

Todos los latinos chupar m iculo. I`m white and "latinos" are always talkin **** about gringos cuz we is dumb. I speak English, German, French, Italian, Russian, Korean, Greek and a little bit of dirty spanish. I only learned it because everyone was sayin` that I`m retarded for learning so many languages and not learning the one that`s spoken the most other than English in the US. Why don`t you actually TRY and you`ll succeed

confusing aspect. seek on to a search engine. it could help!