Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

When will MARSOC have a Tier 1 unit?

I have heard some people say that McRaven and JSOC have requested a Tier 1 MARSOC Unit and was wanting to know if any of it is true. And no I'm not a 14 year old playing COD, I'm 19 and in the DEP for an active duty 0311 contract and ship on December 12,2011 to Parris Island, SC.

EDIT: Lieutenant Hudson I'm not being immature in the least. I simply can't find my original question so i remade it.

Favorite Answer

i havent heard anything about that. CAG and DEVGRU with the support of the 24th STS have JSOC pretty well covered, especially if you look up the size of CAG. MARSOC might have been requested to operate along side tier 1 in some areas (like regiment does) but as far as i know there are no plans to have a marine tier 1 SOF.

• Jon

Quit asking this same juvenile question. There is currently no need for an expansion of MARSOC, especially during a period of defense cuts. If a strength analysis were to determine that there was a gap in capability that uniquely fits the Marine Corps capabilities, then a stop-gap would be implemented. As it stands, SOCOM is doing just fine.

Source(s): US Army