promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

When will MARSOC have a Tier 1 unit?

I have heard some people say that McRaven and JSOC have requested a Tier 1 MARSOC Unit and was wanting to know if any of it is true. And no I'm not a 14 year old playing COD, I'm 19 and in the DEP for an active duty 0311 contract and ship on December 12,2011 to Parris Island, SC.

Update:

EDIT: Lieutenant Hudson I'm not being immature in the least. I simply can't find my original question so i remade it.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i havent heard anything about that. CAG and DEVGRU with the support of the 24th STS have JSOC pretty well covered, especially if you look up the size of CAG. MARSOC might have been requested to operate along side tier 1 in some areas (like regiment does) but as far as i know there are no plans to have a marine tier 1 SOF.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Jon
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Quit asking this same juvenile question. There is currently no need for an expansion of MARSOC, especially during a period of defense cuts. If a strength analysis were to determine that there was a gap in capability that uniquely fits the Marine Corps capabilities, then a stop-gap would be implemented. As it stands, SOCOM is doing just fine.

Source(s): US Army
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.