Oooo asked in TravelAsia PacificThailand · 8 years ago

What are the best bars to meet westerners and other backpackers in Chiang mai?

I am more than happy chatting to local Thai people if I am lucky and they speak English. However, I have had a mixed bag chatting to locals - some very friendly, others reluctant to be seen talking to a farrang. Where are the best bars and clubs to meet Brittish, Australian and American travellers in Chiang mai? For the record, I love Thai people, but sometimes like to chat to westerners from time to time. If anyone knows any names and addresses of places, that would be great!

Many thanks

Dan

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Chiang Mai Saloon on Loh Kroi Road always has plenty of local Westerners mixed with a few tourists and is close to the popular Red Lion Pub next to the Royal Lanna Hotel.

Both are within a short distance of the popular Night Market.

Source(s): Local knowledge.
  • 8 years ago

You can take a stroll at Night Bazaar. You see many westerners over there. There are also nearby bars there.

Riverside Restaurant across the Nawarat Bridge is also a hangout for many westerners.

You can also see a lot of bars along Loi Kro Road and Thapae Road that are frequented by westerners.

• 8 years ago

I always go to The Spotlight bar. A nice mix of Western & Thai there. Good service too. If you walk further down that same block & then turn right you will find lots of good bars.

Source(s): My experiences in Chiang Mai
  • 8 years ago

Check out the below URL.

You will find many foreigners in these places.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.