Oooo asked in TravelAsia PacificThailand · 8 years ago

What are the best bars to meet westerners and other backpackers in Chiang mai?

I am more than happy chatting to local Thai people if I am lucky and they speak English. However, I have had a mixed bag chatting to locals - some very friendly, others reluctant to be seen talking to a farrang. Where are the best bars and clubs to meet Brittish, Australian and American travellers in Chiang mai? For the record, I love Thai people, but sometimes like to chat to westerners from time to time. If anyone knows any names and addresses of places, that would be great!

Many thanks

Dan

Favorite Answer

The Chiang Mai Saloon on Loh Kroi Road always has plenty of local Westerners mixed with a few tourists and is close to the popular Red Lion Pub next to the Royal Lanna Hotel.

Both are within a short distance of the popular Night Market.

Source(s): Local knowledge.

You can take a stroll at Night Bazaar. You see many westerners over there. There are also nearby bars there.

Riverside Restaurant across the Nawarat Bridge is also a hangout for many westerners.

You can also see a lot of bars along Loi Kro Road and Thapae Road that are frequented by westerners.

I always go to The Spotlight bar. A nice mix of Western & Thai there. Good service too. If you walk further down that same block & then turn right you will find lots of good bars.

Source(s): My experiences in Chiang Mai

Check out the below URL.

You will find many foreigners in these places.