What would happen if a meteorite the size of a marble and composed of neutronium hit the earth?

at 45 miles per sec? How heavy would a piece of neutronium that size be? I've heard a piece the size of a sugar cube would weigh more than all the cars in the US combined.. Would it simply penetrate deep into the earth leaving a small hole like the entrance point of a high powered bullet? I wouldn't... show more at 45 miles per sec?

How heavy would a piece of neutronium that size be? I've heard a piece the size of a sugar cube would weigh more than all the cars in the US combined.. Would it simply penetrate deep into the earth leaving a small hole like the entrance point of a high powered bullet?
I wouldn't think the atmosphere would have much effect on it. It is hard for me to imagine the effect of that much energy and mass concentrated on such a small area of the earth.
Update: Apparently it wouldn't have to even be traveling at that speed to penetrate the earth.. I found this elsewhere: "If we were to set it (a cubic centimeter of neutronium) on the ground it would fall and fall straight through the earth. If it hadn't reached escape velocity it would fall back to the earth make... show more Apparently it wouldn't have to even be traveling at that speed to penetrate the earth..

I found this elsewhere:

"If we were to set it (a cubic centimeter of neutronium) on the ground it would fall and fall straight through the earth. If it hadn't reached escape velocity it would fall back to the earth make another tunnel straight through the earth and repeat Steps 1-4 over and over."

The density of neutronium is about 1010 kg/c³.

A large elephant can be as massive as 5000 kg so it would take take about 20,000,000 elephants to equal the mass of 1 cc of neutronium.

"Now imagine the weight of 20,000,000 elephants pressing down on an area of 1 square centimeter. Any material known would support it about as much as water will support a hunk of lead."

http://www.physicsforums.com/archive/ind...