Atheists: Is it Christianity, Christians or religion you are against?

If it is religion as you claim, then why is your attack focused primarily on Christianity?

If it is Christianity as a religion, why do you attack primarily the people and not all the belief systems?

If it is Christians themselves, why do you pretend it is religion while preaching about tolerance?

@Daddy Dennis - I couldn't agree more! Don't stop! If you have more I want to hear it.

@Tram man - Exactly - have anything else?

@Elizabeth Blakesly - Me too. Outrageous isn't it! LOL

@Superspork - Genetic fallacy followed by ad Hominem leaves you proved wrong. All you need to do is read some of the answers and you will see I am justified in asking my question! You say stereotype atheists...LOL, that is impossible considering the inconsistency and clashing views formed without reason or logic! How does one stereotype a those who make the rules as they go and change their minds and beliefs every time they stand up? They don't even know who they really are! Like you, you require evidence to have any belief/opinion regarding religion yet take a stand against religion from the belief/opinion that it is false or fake with absolutely ZERO evidence to support you!

In other words you don't believe what you believe!

Favorite Answer

Look at these answers! People taking pride in their attacks! Look at how self-justified these people are!

Look as they point to the FACT that Christianity is followed by so many people. Yet they attempt to convince others that this is just the result of cosmic luck or some worldwide conspiracy to delude the masses.

Atheists attack people based on their faith, fact. Atheists attack faith based on popularity, fact. It is the most vile group-think known to man! Look as these people pretty much agree that they would be attacking Pagans or Shintoists if they were the majority. This is nothing more than admitting that you attack others based on a group-think mentality.

Reading these answers filled me with joy knowing our war is not with flesh and blood. They war with us but we are not at war with them at all. By their desire for warfare in their hearts they impose that desire to THEMSELVES first. They war with logic, love, and all things pure. This means the wondrous gift of this life is lost completely and the only alternatives are oblivion or a seemingly endless war.

Source(s): www.bible.com

I'm not an atheist, but cannot resist saying that atheists do not realise that they really are not fighting with the messenger, but the Sender of the message. They do not realise that at the end of their natural life there is a judgement. They are not without beliefs - rather they all believe that the 'now' is all there is, and that they can speak and do as they wish without any recourse; much the same as in ancient times prior to the Great Flood.

The reason they are always in attack mode is that attack is to them the best form od defence. The truth of this matter though is that there will be no defence of argument in The Court of God - there will be no opportunity then to argue at all!

Atheists do not understand or accept the relationship that real Christians have with their loving Saviour. They all think it is merely man-developed religion (of which there are indeed many). They lack the ability to discern the difference between religion and relationship with God. They in general accuse Christians of 'parroting' a false doctrine; yet they themselves have a doctrine of denial which they constantly parrot. They are more to be pitied than blamed - they do not see the light that shines because they prefer the darkness.

None of what I've said here is with the intent to mock the atheist - more to simply through some compassion towards their state, throw meaning-full reason upon their dilemma.

Atheists do convert to Christ, and 'nominal' Christians do convert to Atheism. It's never over till it's over though, and there is time to see the light of Christ - hopefully, some may see even through this discussion.

In summary, Atheists largely will be too comfortable within their wall of defence that they have steadily developed around their minds to risk stepping outside even for a minute. Atheism is really fundamentally a 'fear circle'.

To start, Christianity is the most dangerous and oppressive of the world religions. Second, not all belief systems constantly try to force their religion down everyone's throats. They also work relentlessly to subvert the Constitution and force others to observe their religious beliefs- ie. the hatred towards homosexuals. There is nothing wrong with homosexuals, but because your imaginary grandpa in the sky had his panties in a bunch over them, it doesn't mean you can strip people of their civil rights in order to force them to comply. However, that is what Christians do. Strangely, they do not want to stop people from wearing red, or poly/cotton t-shirts, even though those things get imaginary grandpa's panties in a bunch, too. That is, if they can overlook their inconsistent approach to a religion that seeks to control the world, no matter how many people they must eliminate.

On your third point, you are fairly muddled. It is possible to be tolerant but still reproach people who do not respect the rights of others. Christianity has not respected anyone else's right to their own beliefs from the days when Constantine invented it. It was designed to control a far flung empire and to insure obedience. Christianity's entire existence has been bathed in the blood and suffering of others. Now, if they one day decide to be rational and not push their superstitions on everyone else, then they have earned tolerance. One of my best friends is a Methodist minister. We talk a lot, but he never tries to convert me or be an apologist for Christianity. So, not all Christians are terrible, just most of them.

You must be a christian yourself because only a christian could get away with a question like this. I'm against the religion and the false beliefs it engenders in it's followers and the apparent lack of accountability, while preachers talk in broad terms forgetting why they took to the pulpit int he first place. I grew up with christianism being rammed down my throat by a mother and father who outwardly show ed christian values, but in private I was their whipping boy. The religion teaches that all those who aren't like you, a believer, deserve death while teaching that you need to help the unbeliever to see that a quiet life spent in meditation is far superior to one of violence. Then it teaches that things like genocide are okay, as long as you get god's permission, some denominations actually teach that you can have all your present and future sins forgiven before you've thought of them. Christianism is confusing and even most theologians are hard pressed to explain the inconsistencies. One question this religion has never answered for me is, how can a god, who loves everyone and everything see any part of their creation destroyed? I was indoctrinated as a child and when I got sick I was shunned by those who follow this religion because my illness was both physical and mental.

• I'm not atheist but I can't help but comment. I hadn't thought about it but you make a great point! There answers make your question well supported due to the differences.

I'm not entirely sure that they really know what it is that they are against. I think there is something to be said about their need to be heard. They feel they have a supported opinion and Christians don't and religions favor the unsupported stupid people! Obviously we know that isn't true!

What will they accomplish here? Nothing but a brief and fix for their insecurities due to guilt and shame that is caused by the denial and acting out of sin! Anyway, thanks for the question. It's too bad they can't get the story straight about what they are against!

Um... None of the above? An atheist doesn't believe any god(s) exists. Here's a question: Why do you stereotype atheists?

I'm guessing you are Christian, raised around Christians, and have little experience with any other religions. So any time you've heard an atheist criticize christianity its probably because there is no other religion around to discuss.

It's religion in general but we know more about christianity than any other religion.

Anyway we do attack the belief system most of the time. Though I can see why it looks more like an attack on the people.

And no at least for me it is not against christians, it is indeed about their god yahweh.

The reason I attack Christianity is that they are the largest religious group in my area. When I lived in Nepal I'd talk about how crazy the Budhists are.

Because the people will believe a book that says everything is a sin and that the sinners will be killed. They also believe that humans were created before the stars.

I onyl attack the Christians who attack me. If you say that I'm "going to hell" then I'm prepared to push back.

Source(s): Atheist

It is religion, and I focus my attack on Christianity because there are more Christians in this country than any other religion.

Consider this. Let's say you were in a town with two groups. One had 400 members, the other had 4 members. The 400 member group would kill and terrorize black people. The 4 member group would kill and terrorize asian people.

Would you attack each one equally, or would you focus your attack on the one that has more members and the one that did more damage?

Atheist are against the belief of all Gods.

We don't just "attack" the Christians.