Im looking into buying a house for the first time. What all do I need to know or do to get the ball rolling?

I have been working on my credit, and my fiance has as well. He is almost at 700 and I am at 620. I know mine should probably be a little higher, but it is far better than it was a year or two ago. We only have a little over $1000 tucked away so far for a down payment, but we are saving like crazy, hoping that... show more I have been working on my credit, and my fiance has as well. He is almost at 700 and I am at 620. I know mine should probably be a little higher, but it is far better than it was a year or two ago. We only have a little over $1000 tucked away so far for a down payment, but we are saving like crazy, hoping that possibly by the end of the year, but more realistically spring time, we will be able to purchase. Our income isnt too terribly high, Gross we are probably sitting between 28 and 30k together annually, and depending on how hours and what not work throughout the year, It could go as low as $25k. We arent looking for anything too expensive, probably in the 70-80k range, but a better price is always better. We live in Twin Falls Idaho so that is a pretty common price. We have 2 kids, and have been contemplating trying for one more, but we dont want to until we are into our own home, preferably a 4br. I have never looking into it before, so I am a little confused on what the difference is between adjustable and fixed rate mortgages, what is a good interest rate? how does an escrow account work, how do they figure out taxes and inurance, and if the insurance and taxes are figured into the mortgage payment, is that the same thing as home owners insurance, or are they different? What is an egress window? I have noticed alot of listing pointing out that they dont have them? are they mandatory or whats the deal there?tons of questions, and I figure the best thing to do is get someone educated before we even think about shopping for loans. Thanks! And any extra info that I probably havent even thought of would be great!!!