HeLa cells, cell biology, cancer?

A normal human cell has approximately 7.4 pg of DNA. A HeLa cell has 15 pg of DNA. What does the difference in DNA content suggest about the genome of HeLa cells? What abnormal process that occurs in many cancers cells could explain the difference? So I know that HeLa cells have double the amount of DNA, so... show more A normal human cell has approximately 7.4 pg of DNA. A HeLa cell has 15 pg of DNA. What does the difference in DNA content suggest about the genome of HeLa cells? What abnormal process that occurs in many cancers cells could explain the difference?

So I know that HeLa cells have double the amount of DNA, so does that mean they have a larger genome? And I know cancer cells proflierate rapidly, but do they do that only because they have more DNA? Can someone clarify this all for me?

Thanks!
1 answer 1