Suggestions on Heart Bypass?

My father is a diabetic patient. He is 60 years old. He got a heart attack once a couple of years ago. He also had kidney stone problem and pain in the joints. His doctor advised him for a heart bypass because some of the heart arteries are blocking the blood circulation and bypass is ncessary.The doctor told him... show more My father is a diabetic patient. He is 60 years old. He got a heart attack once a couple of years ago. He also had kidney stone problem and pain in the joints.
His doctor advised him for a heart bypass because some of the heart arteries are blocking the blood circulation and bypass is ncessary.The doctor told him that in his condition (diabetes and other issues) bypass is 92% effective and 8%failure is expected which means death. The second solution is to take medicine for heart pains and artery blockages.
My question is: how risky it is to do bypass in this situation? What do you recommend, Can u share some experiences. Should he be treated by medicines or bypass would be ok? Can anyone put some light on how risky it is for diabetic patient to have a bypass.
Please help me. It's a matter of a life. I'll be grateful.