Late pay - where do I stand legally?

I was working for an events company over the summer with a zero contract hours job. My first round of pay was due on September 23rd and is still yet to be paid. When I call the company, which is UK-based, they continually tell me to email their payments department in the Netherlands. A complete shambles, these guys have only replied to 1 out of my 6 emails and the reply was not helpful at all.

It's now got to the point where I've had to borrow from parents, ask for extensions on uni bills and basically I can't really go on much longer without this money. At what point can I take legal action? In the contract they clearly state that they will pay once every two weeks and the pay days are listed on the staff website.

Favorite Answer

My young friend, you have just learned a lesson of life. You have been stuffed. It happens all the time with these companies. Realistically speaking there is not a lot you can do. Who will you sue, to whom will you send the court papers??. If they decide to change the company name from ABC Events Co to CDA company Entertaining, thats it, the company that employed you are no longer in business and therefor you cannot sue.Our office has dealt with these employment scams in the past and i can tell you that you don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting whats due to you. I know full well that you don't want to hear this, I fully understand how angry you are, but thats it, its over and I regret to tell you that you must move on and try not to be caught twice.

You will nver see a dime and if it is this irresponsible I suspect a Bankruptcy action which will get them out of paying anyone. You can WASTE your time or you can move on lesson learned never deal with out of town or country sources because in many instances you can not even go after them in your local venue.

By law you could get a lawyer and fight this case even with 1 day late!!! I've gone through this already.

TAKE ACTION NOW.