Whenever I try to start up Pay Day: The Heist on Steam, it opens for a second and crashes. Why?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
The top bar says "Not Responding".
Everything is downloaded. I verified all the files, rebooted, I even uninstalled, re-installed, and it still does this. Why?
Best Answer
  • Zach answered 3 years ago
Make sure your downloading this application from a well-known site.
If you have re-installed then try downloading this application from a different site that may be more reliable in downloading. Just try not to get a virus when your searching for a good site to download it.
If this doesn't work make sure your computer has all the requirements needed to run the Application.

Source:

My Personal Experience From Downloading and Running Applications
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (4)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Matthew answered 3 years ago
    I am experiencing the same problem. I can't answer the question, but I can say that if you are downloading off of Steam, than you are downloading from a reliable site.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • ? answered 3 years ago
    Apparently it's a bug that will hopefully be fixed in a future patch / update, however for now you can still play the game by going to your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\payday the heist" and use the file "payday_win32_release" to load it, should work fine from there =)

Enjoy!

Source(s):

Steam Forum(s)
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Michael answered 3 years ago
    If you're running on Vista/7, enable admin on it.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Brett answered 3 years ago
    Unplug anything you have plugged into your computer via USB, including joysticks and controllers. This with fix the problem.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock