How do I get my arrest record expunged?

I was arrested earlier this year for a misdemeanor, possession of marijuana, charge. I plead guilty and took what they gave me. I probably should have gotten a lawyer and tried to minimize my punishment while also seeking to expunge this from my record before any charges were filed. At that time, and currently, I... show more I was arrested earlier this year for a misdemeanor, possession of marijuana, charge. I plead guilty and took what they gave me. I probably should have gotten a lawyer and tried to minimize my punishment while also seeking to expunge this from my record before any charges were filed. At that time, and currently, I am a straight- A student at a university and have no other problems with the law. My concern is obviously regarding my future applications to various places of employment (background checks). When I web-search for "expungment," and other word variations of the service, I get spam-looking offers that make me hesitant to go forward. Who, how, or where should I be looking for a lawyer/service that can help me get this off my record? If it makes a difference, I was arrested in Georgia and I live in Florida.
9 answers 9