Do gay guys tend to prefer cats over dogs for pets?

A friend of mine who is gay, he said "Duh" but I'm not so sure.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

No I really really really love dogs, and not little dogs, I prefer the big dogs like German Shepards, Huskies and the dog I have at them moment who I really love is my dog Skye which is a Japanese Akita

Although I must say cats do love me more, I go to my cousins house and she has LOADS of cats and they always come to me and sit on my knee, arms they just seem to love me, the only thing I hate about cats are their claws.

On the other hand though a lot of dogs love me to, they always sit with me and when people come near they sometimes growl just because they are getting close to me.

So really I could say cats and dogs love me, but I only prefer dogs, but dont mind cats

• 3 years ago

Gay Men And Cats

• 8 years ago

Dog is man's best friend, whether the guy is gay or straight. In fact, on one occasion I've heard a gay man complain that an otherwise compatible potential partner had to be ruled out because he had a cat. But of course one should always be careful to draw any conclusions based on one observed correlation between seemingly unrelated character traits.

Source(s): Quick survey of gay guys who are friends of mine on Facebook.
  • Tori
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

My cousin and his husband have like 4 dogs. I don't think that your friend is right, most gay boys I know have dogs. Most gay women I know have a pretty good mix of both. Though I don't think it really matters in the grand scheme of things ;)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Léo
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

I think cats are cute, but I prefer dogs, much more. Dogs are a lot friendlier than cats, and you can socially interact with a dog more than a cat.

Source(s): I had a dog when I was a child.
  • Sam
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

I love dogs and they love me , I Hate cats so much . ugh and they don't like me .

I have 3 dogs

husky named Sarah

beagle named Micky

Rockwilder named Cupcake.

• 8 years ago

It seems to me that they prefer dogs but by a somewhat small margin.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Your stereotype is outdated by at least a decade.

Toy dogs are stereotypically a lot girlier than cats.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I like dogs more because dogs understand humans more than cats do

But I would like to bring cat and dog to my house, and watch them fighting with each other ^^ they look so funny ^^

Source(s): Gay guy.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

No. I prefer dogs.

Source(s): Gay guy.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.